The holidays are over. I've been doing Paleo for about 3 weeks. I'm happy to say that I have lost atleast 6 pounds. I was afraid to weigh myself when I first started... I waited until I felt a little smaller. So, I am probably closer to 10 pounds, but we gotta keep it official you know!
I am looking forward to permanently changing my life. Of course, my weight is a concern. But the even bigger issue is my health, and my family. I have been struggling with anxiety, short bouts of depression, headaches, body aches, constipation/diarrhea, exhaustion, irritability, moodiness... this list could go on for awhile. I want ALL that to change. I want to be stable, happy, healthy, and energetic.
Well, maybe I should back up and tell you a bit more about myself. I have been married for 17+ years. I married my teenage boyfriend. It has not always been easy. We have had some very rocky times. Sometimes I think the only reason we are still married is because neither one of us want to contact a lawyer and go thru the hassle of divorce! But, most of the time, that isn't the case. We have 4 kids. The oldest is 15, the youngest will be 2 this weekend. Our life is mainly, just down right crazy. Nothing has been easy for us. We have worked hard for everything we own. But, we are very proud of that, too. We have a newer Cape Cod home on 7.5 acres in the country. We raise pigs for butcher, and we sell piglets, too. We have 2 dogs, woods, a creek, and lots of yard for the kiddoes to run in.
Along with being a wife and mother, I am a Registered Nurse. I currently work per diem with inpatient Oncology. I really do enjoy my job. I especially love working with hospice patients. I appreciate the Cancer patients, and admire their will to face Cancer head on. In recent months I have lost my appreciation for how we treat cancer in this country. I am appalled at the nutrition that we provide to these patients who we are pumping full of chemicals and giving radiation treatments. But, that is for another post.
I am excited to change my life. I decided to start blogging about this journey when I had difficulty processing my own thoughts and concerns about it. My husband has never had a weight problem, and since he is a guy, he doesn't understand some of my "concerns". I have always been able to process my thoughts "on paper", so I thought I would do that here. I want it to be for my own encouragement, to inspire me when I am down. And if it can be a help to another person struggling along, well, then that is an added bonus! This is going to be a long journey, but I plan to make it a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment