Monday, December 29, 2014

Positive Feedback

I started Paleo for the 3rd time on 12/9/14.  I was quite familiar with those first days of discomfort.  Day 2-5 I was pretty irritable.  Thankfully, I knew this would happen, I recognized it, and warned my family.  After the first week is done, that passes, but I still felt worn out.  This time, the energy boost didn't start until 3 weeks!  So, I am just starting to enjoy that now.  I am sleeping better, and I need less of it.  That is an added bonus.

I am noticing subtle changes with my body.  I have always been very much "in tune" with my body, so I notice things that others may not.  One of the first things I noticed, is that my double chin doesn't "jiggle" as much.  When I rub my hands over my face, it feels thinner, almost foreign.  At about 2weeks I noticed that when I laid flat on my back I could feel the weight loss in my lower abdomen.  I don't really know how to explain that feeling except to say I felt "less like a busted can of biscuits".  Tonight on my way home from work, I noticed that I am starting to have that feeling when I am sitting up.  It is very cool to not feel like I am bursting out of my clothes.  I also feel like I am no longer stretching my skin to the max.  I wore a size 16W skirt today.  Just a month ago, it was too small.  So, that is very encouraging.

I am feeling much more positive over all.  My kids said that about me when I have been following paleo protocol in the past... they comment on how happy and positive I am.  I am realizing that I am better able to control my anxiety and depression tendencies.  I think this is directly related to gluten and/or process sugar.  So, I am very excited about noticing this because it makes my relationships with my family much healthier.

My bowels are getting closer to normal. It is funny, because I am used to spending so much time in the bathroom, that I used it to escape the craziness of my house.  Well, now I am disappointed because my "business" in the bathroom doesn't take as long.  I'll have to find another place to escape to! 

I am starting to realize that my head is getting clearer.  This is one of the most amazing effects of Paleo to me.  I never really realized that my brain wasn't as alert as it could be.  I am better able to focus.  I feel like I am less forgetful.  At work, I feel like I am better at multitasking, and prioritizing my patient load.  That brain "fog", as it is often called, is a very mysterious thing.  I can hardly believe that changing my diet helps with that.

I am sure that I will recognize more positive things as I move along this journey.  I think it is important to record these initial feelings so when I get discouraged later on, I can remember what this felt like.

No comments:

Post a Comment