Monday, October 16, 2017

One week down!

I survived a week on whole30.  Well, "survived" really only applies to the first 3 days.  After that, it was leaning more towards thriving on that spectrum. 

My energy has increased.  I don't feel sluggish all the time.  Even at work when I am tired because of lack of sleep, I still feel good, just tired.  I didn't slip up at all at work, which is a miracle.  That is usually where I have problems.  Being tired, stressed, and hungry, makes for a horrible trifecta against healthy eating.  But, I took food with me, and resisted temptation to indulge in the junk laying around.

I feel happier.  I don't feel like my moods shifted as rapidly as they have been.  It seems that in recent months that I would go from happy/content, to angry/upset with very little prodding.  I have hated that about myself but felt powerless to do anything about it.  It feels much better.  I hope it improves even more.

Along with that is my anxiety issues.  With the approaching winter, I have gotten concerned.  The last 2 winters I have battled anxiety and depression.  Last year was worse than the year before.  So, I have been worrying about how it was going to go.  I feel more in control with those issues, just in my daily life, and it gives me hope for this coming season.

Physical changes.  yep, those.  I feel my body changing.  I feel healthy.  I look in the mirror and think... really...all that excess is still there??  I don't feel like a busted can of biscuits anymore.  Even though most of it is still there, I'm at least not busting the seams!  I did weigh and measure myself, even though whole30 does not want you to do that.  There are some losses, which is encouraging.

So, now we see what the next week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment