So, I have been spending time reading, watching, and researching. I feel like I am learning so much, my brain must be getting full, but then I realize there is so much more to learn.
There may be some of you who think I have gone off the deep end. I realize that this journey I am on, is going in a completely different direction than most people. But, I want you to see how good it can be. Healthy lifestyles needs to be the future of this country. Lets turn around this epidemic!!
I have watched a few movies recently. They are currently on Netflix, but I think they are probably available on DVD, too. Anyway.
Food Inc, was the first one, I watched. Wow. That changed my opinions about even the "healthy" food that you buy in the supermarket. Is it really healthy? The movie really just confirmed what I have been thinking for awhile... if you don't get your food from the source, it probably isn't as healthy as it could be. Leigh thinks I'm crazy, but I want to get as much of our food from our backyard as possible!
The next movie I watched recently was Vitality. An excellent movie about how holistic we are as humans. What we eat gives us energy to live, which gives us the ability to rest, which gives us the energy to be productive, and the cycle continues...
Today, I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It is a story of a man who treated, and put in remission his autoimmune disease by juicing for 60 days. The premise is to give your body the best nutrition, in the easiest form, so it can do the job of detoxing. He says that 60 days may be extreme, but juicing vegetables and fruits is wonderfully healthy. I like the concept that you can juice/blend together several servings of veggies/fruits into a drink... talk about rapid nutrition. How long would it take to eat 6 servings of veggies/fruits? In our fast paced world... this is a pretty cool option. Give your body at the cellular level, just what it needs to function. Once those toxins are cleaned out ( in a couple of days) your health will start to improve!!
Somehow, we need to break the cycle. Why eat chemicals? Why eat food that does nothing to feed your body? Even the "healthy" food that is marketed today, is processed to the point of very little actual nutrition. In one of the movies they said that we are OVERFED, but UNDERNOURISHED. Does that make sense to you?
Feeding your body incredible nutrition, will reverse everyday aches and pains, in addition to reversing disease. It will dramatically decrease or remove the risk of diabetes, cancer, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, obesity, and the 1000s of issues that go along with those and many others.
It just has deepened my resolve to change this for me, and for my family. I do not want my kids to do further damage to their bodies. I want to reverse this for the future. I would love to encourage anyone else who wants to do this too. I have lived in fear of a diagnosis that would change my life for the negative. I work at a hospital, and I see on a daily basis, what this does to people, and families. I want to fix the problem before it starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment