What are you doing today? What are you doing to preserve life? What are you doing to take care of yourself? What is the one step today, that will make a difference 10 years from now.
Sometimes that step is simply the one step in the right direction that leads to many more steps. And it doesn't need to be a big step. There are times in life when we need to make BIG decisions. But, frequently it seem that the small decision are the ones that make a big difference over time. Those daily small decision really add up!
I think that we seem to have the "all or nothing" mind set. And so often, if we make a bad decision, we want to throw in the towel. Well, that simply is not a healthy mindset. We will be in situations that are not the best for our health. We may be around unhealthy food, or in an unhealthy experience. But...that doesn't mean it needs to change our outlook on life. Just as life changed to put in you in the negative situation, it will change to get you out of it. So, make the best decisions you can, in the experience, and then move on.
I am learning more about nutrition and the affect of micronutrients (fresh fruits and veggies) on detoxifying our body. There are toxins all around us. It is in our environment. There is no escaping some of it. This could get us down, and make us want to give up. BUT... our amazing creator gave us food to clean our bodies. They are those yummy fruits and vegetables and herbs!
Unfortunately, in the last 70 years or so, the American diet has transitioned to one of processed foods. Foods that are processed are toxins to our body. Our body was not designed to handle these chemicals. And this is as basic as the "simple" ingredients like flour and sugar. Those bags that you buy are so far from the natural ingredient that they are unrecognizable. And yet, this country considers them normal.
It is very sad to me that "health nuts" are viewed negatively. If you eat to feed your body at the cellular level; vegetables, fruits, nuts, and protein, people think you are crazy.
But listen here. Isn't it more crazy to put food like substances into your body that are slowing down its ability to function? Isn't it ridiculous to keep subjecting yourself to illnesses because your body doesn't have the core nutrition to fight it off? Isn't it frustrating to live tired, weary, and depressed? Why do people choose that?
I used to. before I knew better. Before I knew how good it felt to feel good.
I am humble by the compliments that I get everyday about how good I look. I never used to get comments like that. And it isn't because I am thin and fabulous. Obviously, I'm not. But, it is because I feel good, and it shows.
So, what are you doing today, to improve your life? Eating a new vegetable? Trying a new yummy dish? Taking a walk? Researching this "crazy" business I have been talking about? Baby steps, my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment