Monday, October 9, 2017

Starting the whole30 challenge

Over 2 1/2 years since my last post.  What happened?  Life.  Life seems to keep derailing my best intentions.  Well, in that time frame, my health is nearly back to square one; not being a good thing, I mean.  I am nearly at my max weight, only 7 more pounds to go!  I have mysterious aches and pains, headaches, mood swings, the gamut.  So, my dear sister-in-law asked if I would try the Whole30 Challenge.  So, here we go.

How is day One going?  Well, I have the urge to munch on anything and everything.  Do I really eat like that?  Evidently I do.  I am also dealing with caffeine withdrawal.  I don't care for the taste of coffee or tea, so I have been drinking coke zero for that fix.  Well, can't have that, now.  So... today has been difficult with a nagging headache.  I also am not able to focus very well.  I had planned to work on a quilt that has been on the board for awhile, but I'm not able to stay on it for very long.  I have an underlying feeling of anxiety.

I started with cashews and strawberries for breakfast; smashed potatoes, roast beef, and green beans for lunch.   My afternoon snack was apples and homemade cashew butter.  I am finally feeling full, but still have the urge to munch.

I know that if I keep going it will get better.  I've gone through these feelings before. I just keep thinking about how I have to just pace myself through the first few days or week, and then I will start feeling better.  That time will pass either way.  Do I want to end them feeling better or worse?  That is what I need to keep my focus on.

2 comments:

  1. Well I hope it feels better soon! It always drives me crazy that I know I will feel better when I eat a certain way, but.... I don't. Sigh. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete