One of my New Year's Resolutions is to feel every experience, negative and positive. This has been quite a roller coaster, trying to do that. I have cried more tears of happiness, and of despair than I have in a long time. It basically was me being still, and allowing emotion to reach me.
On Saturday we attended a District Band Festival Concert. 150 kids from many schools performed. It was amazing, and that is a gross understatement. The president of PMEA addressed the audience and told us to look at our kids and watch them in amazement, to see their accomplishments. Our kids were not on stage but it made think of them in that regard anyway. And yes, the tears started to creep out.
Sunday morning we have a 100 year old man who meets with us for bible study. When he walked in to meeting, his weakness was obvious. But when he prayed, it was evident where is strength was, and yes, I started to cry.
My daughter told me she thought I was her best friend. I cried.
Another daughter broke something of mine and tried to give me money to replace it. Her honesty and humbleness made me cry.
When those kids on Saturday played the Irish Washerwoman, my heart started to sing. I felt so happy, and uplifted and joyous to hear that melody that I have heard so many times in my life.
When they played our National Anthem, I was so proud of my kids, of those kids, to live in a country where there is a measure of freedom.
These intense feelings have been a roller coaster, yes, but they have helped me LIVE. I don't want to coast through life, I want to LIVE life.
I was chatting with someone this week about eating nutritional foods. One thing that I told her, that I didn't hardly realize myself until my mouth formed the words is this: "enjoy the food you eat". It should make you feel good when you eat it, and you should feel good long after you eat it. You should feel, really feel, like you just put the most nutritious food in your body. There should be no shame. There should be no thoughts of "I'm cheating today". Eat it, enjoy it, and feel it. Acknowledge how it made you feel. If you feel negative, may it be enough reinforcement that you don't eat it again. Ever. You only live once, shouldn't it be the healthiest? Shouldn't you strive to live as healthy as you can as long as God gives you life? Don't waste today or the following days feeling less than you should, because you ate something that your body is struggling to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment