Almond Flour Flapjacks
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt.
1/4-1/2 cup water (depending on how thick you like them)
Mix together thoroughly, batter will be stiff. You can add up to 1/2 c water, but I like it stiffer. The more watery it is the more difficult it is to flip them. I cook them on my electric skillet about 275 degrees. I grease it with coconut oil or bacon grease, first. Cook a few minutes on each side. They are difficult to turn, since they do not "set up" like traditional pancakes. I have learned to loosen all the way around, and then quickly scoop and flip them. It takes a bit of practice. They get a bit crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. You can add chocolate chips or blueberries.
No comments:
Post a Comment